Beachler's Standard (back then) was opened in 1951 by Bob Beachler on the corner of North St and McClure Ave in Peoria. A short time later "Beach" was offered a new two-bay service station "out in the sticks" at the corner of University St and War Memorial Dr. As we opened, War Memorial was being widened to two lanes ending at University. There was only pasture land between our present location and Forrest Hill a half mile to the south. John Hackard's Shell station was located across the street next to Hibser's A&W. On the northwest corner, Harry Short Trailers sold house trailers. They had a national reputation and advertised on barn roofs throughout the country. The Purtscher Stables offered horseback riding in adjacent fields. At the intersection of University and Meadowbrook Road, Art Rahmeyer owned and operated one of the original Maid-Rite sandwich shops. Behind us was the Meadowbrook Dairy which was eventually purchased for the expansion of our present day Servicenter.
Times and cars have changed considerably since Bob opened in 1951. Three generations of our family have operated the business. Bob has since passed on in 1984. Brett Beachler graduated from Bradley in 1993 and worked outside of the business for four years returning in May 1998.
We have been very blessed in retaining an excellent group of employees. See our people page to find out about more. We believe our success is a result of having an excellent group of people and operating with high ethical standards. We welcome you to stop in a view our "wall of fame" above our five bay repair center depicting the start date of our technicians. Consider us for all automotive needs!
Click below view our contact information, and send us a messageContact Us
Click below to schedule an appointmentRequest